We believe Blossom House is not simply a Care Home. For our residents, it’s their home and we want them to feel at home. We do everything we can to make Blossom House as comfortable, clean, safe and pleasant as possible for each one of our residents. We are continually investing in our facilities and redecorate regularly throughout the year to keep everything fresh. And because this is our residents’ home, we don’t restrict visiting, so you are welcome to come and visit any time you wish. This is known as life at Blossom House.
Resident Rooms & Facilities
- We encourage and help our residents to personalise their own bedrooms with family photographs, favourite pictures, treasured mementos and so on, because if it looks like home, it will feel like home more quickly.
- We offer residents a choice of bathing facilities, depending on what they prefer and we have a walk in shower room which is accessible for wheelchairs. If a resident becomes less mobile, we have specialist hoisting equipment on hand to help move them in a safe and more dignified manner.
- We are fortunate to have a beautiful, secure and level access garden which all our residents can enjoy. In the summer months, you’ll often find our residents sitting outside in the sunshine enjoying ice lollies, or having fun at one of our Garden Parties with their family.
- When it’s too cold to go outside, many of our residents like to sit in our large conservatory to the rear of the residents’ lounge, enjoying the view out to the garden and watching the birds feed at the table.
Eating & Activities
- Our residents enjoy excellent, healthy home cooking, freshly prepared by our qualified cooks using locally sourced suppliers and ingredients. We offer seasonal menu cycles and cater for all dietary requirements. We also understand when someone gets a bit peckish outwith set meal times – our residents know they just have to ask!
- Our dedicated Activity Co-ordinator comes in every week day to lead and organise our residents’ and families’ activity programme. Our creative and entertaining programme includes arts and crafts, physical exercises to music for health and wellbeing, and much, much more. On a Saturday or Sunday we have an external entertainer or activity provider for something a bit different. Our residents also like to relax at the weekend with a movie and popcorn.